The Fig House - $600 / USC-downtown / month, all utilities, weekly-Maid
The Fig House at The Bohemian’s Oasis Lodge is a true sanctuary of feng shui that has withstood the sands of time.
Located conveniently in the Vermont-Harbor District of South L.A., The Fig House is .7 mile south of the brand new soccer/football stadium next to USC. The roads are all freshly paved and the city is growing up fast in this area with many new structures. There is a bus stop right in front of the House and our giant private fence is layered with beautiful blooming bougainvilleas, Rose Bushes, Various Tree and Plant life. A safe and affordable property with space to spread out or to mingle, the Fig House is attractively priced at just $600 per month. At the Fig House you'll save more than just rent because all toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, dish soap, pots n pans, all utilities, dual high speed internet modems and maid service is included, 1 to 2 house managers, pest control, security cameras, property manager, and cheeky spaces to get some work done, all comes with $600
Fig has a large covered porch built perfect for yoga, Fashion designers, relaxing, filming, playing guitar or keyboard. There is room for recording music and storing guitars/keyboards. The basement is also used for recording music, rehearsing a monologue, or painting a masterpiece. The shared bedrooms are large and have shared closet & shelf spaces on top of your Private wardrobe closet. There are desk for computer work, studying, surfing, and light gaming. The yards are huge and great for working out at home, filming, relaxing, BBQing, music, writing, napping, eating and when you come take a tour, let us know what you think!
Bikes can be locked up as Fig is fully gated, keyless locks on all doors. Biking distance to USC/downtown L.A. (.7/1.2 miles) or commute to Disneyland, Hollywood, & Beaches, since the 110 freeway/The Blue line/Expo line is right next to this Oasis. Many people feel the savings & community is well worth the location.
Click on Images to Scroll Thru
Fig House Bedrooms
The Fig House: The Amenities:
- Maid Service Included! (Bi- Weekly) - very clean bathrooms, kitchens & overall lodging
- Fully Furnished
- Large Dorm Rooms, Large House/Lodge
- Private Lockable Large Wardrobes
- All Utilities Included - Power, water, trash, gas, Toilet Paper, hand paper towels, dish & hand soap, stocked by the house manager.
- Pest control and Property manager
- High Speed WIFI Internet and Cable Included (two modems)
- Month to Month Lease
- A/C's in all bedrooms and main common rooms and central Heat
- Keyless Entry on all entries and Security Cameras in common non bedroom/bathroom areas only.
- Fully Gated Property with huge privacy bushes and tiki fence on 7 Foot Iron Gate. Creating a zen like atmosphere.
- No Credit Check! - only criminal background and savings or pay stubs checked with good references.
- coin serviced Laundry on Site!
- Dedicated parking spots available upon request - $50 (usually 1 avail per month)
(remote controlled Gate)
- Bus Stop Directly in Front of the House!
- 2 minutes drive from USC Campus!
- Lots of friendly roommates and networking
- Co-ed, LGBTQ and Girls and Guy rooms separated.
- Large Outdoor Porch seating and Lawn Seating with Canopy coverage
- Two BBQ grills. Propane and Charcoal
- Gardening-soil-pot areas
- yoga space, shaded or under the sun
- room dedicated for storing and playing musical instruments.
- work desk space and chilling- nook space. Couple of nooks.
- Gazebo and Hammock and outdoor picnic events table, Mango Tree and lemon Tree, Roses and pixie tree.
- Bus Stop on same Block as the house
- Fencing to lock up bikes and Expo Train line is 12 minutes bike ride from the house.
- non permitted street parking
There are basic common ground rules everyone signs to and posted on the walls of the Fig house. We understand the high cost of living in Los Angeles and are happy to provide Artists, Students, Gig workers and extended travelers an affordable and abundant Dorm-living home just like the Fig house. If you want to save lots of money on rent and time on shopping for basic bathroom and kitchen amenities and deep cleaning of your bathrooms and kitchens (Our maid Julia comes every Tuesday and Friday for 7 hours) Meet friends you wouldn't have met prior, get inspired when living with musicians, actors, filmmakers, writers, fashion designers, computer engineers, College students, and other awesome, smart, and creative people in the heart of Los Angeles, then set up a visit! Many of our people have been living here for 1 to 2 years even tho we offer month to month.
To move in you will need the following: (half of deposit special given upon approved background check, references and financial savings/workings)
- Application is free to fill out.
- $50 Background move in process Fee
- $500 - 300 100% Refundable Deposit w/ 30 days notice between 1st and 5th of your last months stay. M2M contract. House rules and Bedroom Etiquette emailed. Most people stay 3, 6, 12 months and a few 2 years or more.
*Please Reply with your Name, Phone Number, or email and a Social Media Link as a Character Reference and we will contact you ASAP to ask you about yourself and tell you more about the BOL family. Thank you for your interest.